Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Security Clearances

Over the last week, I've received emails from friends and family who have recently been contacted by the Bureau of Diplomatic Security. All reports so far indicate that the officers they've spoken with have been friendly and unfailingly polite. That's great to hear, especially about representatives of the department I hope to be working with some day soon. They've already interviewed one of the contacts through whom they could probably find out everything they could possibly need to know, as we've been good friends for all of my conscious life. He has gone by the nickname "slim" in the past though, which may compromise my chances slightly.

So far, it doesn't look like there have been any surprises. Not that I'm expecting any, but still, I'm the kind of guy who gets nervous walking through the anti-theft barriers at Old Navy and who removes all metal objects from my person two days before I fly. I will be absolutely delighted when the whole thing is at an end. Poor Ms. Chadha is getting very good at interviews conducted by my government, having recently aced one at U.S. Embassy London. The reward for her performance was the issue of a K-1 Fiance Visa. I'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment